Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.28 meters/second, 1567.0 km/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.7"||973.46 mi||West||0° 09' 20.2"||10.70 mi||South||973.20 mi|
|24 hours||12° 56' 51.5"||870.85 mi||East||3° 22' 01.2"||231.50 mi||South||894.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 5:46 AM||1284 km||798 miles||693 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 3:46 AM||2017 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:46 AM||2727 km||1694 miles||1472 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:46 AM||3148 km||1956 miles||1700 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:46 AM||3348 km||2080 miles||1808 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:46 AM||4173 km||2593 miles||2253 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 3:46 AM||4382 km||2723 miles||2366 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:46 AM||4386 km||2726 miles||2368 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:46 AM||4736 km||2943 miles||2557 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 3:46 AM||4830 km||3001 miles||2608 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.