Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.28 meters/second, 1567.0 km/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||south||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.6"||973.52 mi||west||0° 09' 20.0"||10.70 mi||south||973.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 56' 53.5"||870.93 mi||east||3° 21' 58.8"||231.47 mi||south||894.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 4:16 AM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:46 AM||1286 km||799 miles||695 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 3:46 AM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:46 AM||2750 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:46 AM||3120 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:46 AM||3323 km||2065 miles||1794 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:46 AM||4145 km||2576 miles||2238 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 3:46 AM||4353 km||2705 miles||2351 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:46 AM||4357 km||2707 miles||2353 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:46 AM||4708 km||2925 miles||2542 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.