Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.23 meters/second, 1566.8 km/hour, 973.6 miles/hour or 846.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.0"||973.35 mi||West||0° 09' 19.5"||10.68 mi||South||973.09 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 08.4"||871.06 mi||East||3° 21' 41.0"||231.11 mi||South||894.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 4:26 AM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:56 AM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 3:56 AM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:56 AM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:56 AM||2938 km||1825 miles||1586 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:56 AM||3123 km||1941 miles||1686 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:56 AM||3919 km||2435 miles||2116 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 3:56 AM||4122 km||2561 miles||2226 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:56 AM||4122 km||2561 miles||2226 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:56 AM||4485 km||2787 miles||2422 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.