Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.18 meters/second, 1566.6 km/hour, 973.5 miles/hour or 845.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 24.4"||973.23 mi||West||0° 09' 18.8"||10.67 mi||South||972.97 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 25.0"||871.28 mi||East||3° 21' 20.7"||230.73 mi||South||894.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 4:36 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:06 AM||1417 km||880 miles||765 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 4:06 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:06 AM||2657 km||1651 miles||1435 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:06 AM||2905 km||1805 miles||1569 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:06 AM||3154 km||1960 miles||1703 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 3:06 AM||3665 km||2278 miles||1979 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:06 AM||3862 km||2399 miles||2085 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 4:06 AM||3862 km||2400 miles||2085 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:06 AM||4234 km||2631 miles||2286 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.