Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.17 meters/second, 1566.6 km/hour, 973.4 miles/hour or 845.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 24.2"||973.20 mi||West||0° 09' 18.6"||10.67 mi||South||972.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 28.4"||871.33 mi||East||3° 21' 16.6"||230.65 mi||South||894.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 4:38 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:08 AM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 4:08 AM||1465 km||911 miles||791 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:08 AM||2609 km||1621 miles||1409 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:08 AM||2863 km||1779 miles||1546 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:08 AM||3198 km||1987 miles||1727 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 3:08 AM||3615 km||2246 miles||1952 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:08 AM||3809 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 4:08 AM||3810 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:08 AM||4184 km||2600 miles||2259 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.