Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.08 meters/second, 1566.3 km/hour, 973.3 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 23.1"||973.01 mi||West||0° 09' 17.5"||10.65 mi||South||972.75 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 55.3"||871.67 mi||East||3° 20' 44.1"||230.03 mi||South||895.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 4:54 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||N|
|Papeete||Sat 4:24 AM||1076 km||668 miles||581 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:24 AM||1664 km||1034 miles||898 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:24 AM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:24 AM||2537 km||1576 miles||1370 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:24 AM||3209 km||1994 miles||1733 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:24 AM||3393 km||2108 miles||1832 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:24 AM||3393 km||2108 miles||1832 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:24 AM||3554 km||2208 miles||1919 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:24 AM||3784 km||2351 miles||2043 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.