Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.03 meters/second, 1566.1 km/hour, 973.1 miles/hour or 845.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 22.4"||972.89 mi||West||0° 09' 16.8"||10.63 mi||South||972.63 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 12.0"||871.89 mi||East||3° 20' 23.7"||229.64 mi||South||895.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 5:04 AM||627 km||389 miles||338 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Sat 4:34 AM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 4:34 AM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:34 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:34 AM||1988 km||1235 miles||1074 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:34 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1268 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:34 AM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:34 AM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:34 AM||3133 km||1947 miles||1692 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:34 AM||3535 km||2197 miles||1909 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.