Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.98 meters/second, 1565.9 km/hour, 973.0 miles/hour or 845.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.7"||972.77 mi||west||0° 09' 16.0"||10.62 mi||south||972.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 28.7"||872.11 mi||east||3° 20' 03.2"||229.25 mi||south||895.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 4:44 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Sat 5:14 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:44 AM||1758 km||1092 miles||949 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:44 AM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:44 AM||2178 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:44 AM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:44 AM||2872 km||1784 miles||1551 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:44 AM||2877 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:44 AM||3286 km||2042 miles||1775 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:44 AM||3774 km||2345 miles||2038 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.