Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.98 meters/second, 1565.9 km/hour, 973.0 miles/hour or 845.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.7"||972.77 mi||West||0° 09' 16.0"||10.62 mi||South||972.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 28.7"||872.11 mi||East||3° 20' 03.2"||229.25 mi||South||895.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 4:44 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 4:44 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||WSW|
|Taiohae||Sat 5:14 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:44 AM||1758 km||1092 miles||949 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:44 AM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:44 AM||2178 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:44 AM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:44 AM||2872 km||1784 miles||1551 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:44 AM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:44 AM||3286 km||2042 miles||1775 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.