Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.91 meters/second, 1565.7 km/hour, 972.9 miles/hour or 845.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.0"||972.63 mi||West||0° 09' 15.2"||10.60 mi||South||972.37 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 48.8"||872.37 mi||East||3° 19' 38.7"||228.78 mi||South||895.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 4:56 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:56 AM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:56 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:56 AM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 3:56 AM||2403 km||1493 miles||1298 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:56 AM||2559 km||1590 miles||1382 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:56 AM||2564 km||1593 miles||1385 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:56 AM||2990 km||1858 miles||1614 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:56 AM||3486 km||2166 miles||1882 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Sun 2:56 AM||3613 km||2245 miles||1951 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.