Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 3:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 15:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.58 meters/second, 1564.5 km/hour, 972.1 miles/hour or 844.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 16.8"||971.89 mi||West||0° 09' 10.7"||10.52 mi||South||971.63 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 32.9"||873.72 mi||East||3° 17' 30.4"||226.34 mi||South||896.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Sat 4:58 AM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:58 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sat 4:58 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 5:58 AM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 5:58 AM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:58 AM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sat 5:58 AM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:58 AM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:58 AM||1850 km||1150 miles||999 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sun 3:58 AM||2025 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.