Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.77 meters/second, 1561.6 km/hour, 970.3 miles/hour or 843.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.2"||970.06 mi||West||0° 08' 59.2"||10.30 mi||South||969.80 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 48.1"||877.01 mi||East||3° 12' 08.8"||220.20 mi||South||897.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 5:30 AM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||N|
|Luganville||Sun 5:30 AM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||ESE|
|Gizo||Sun 5:30 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Sun 5:30 AM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sun 5:30 AM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:30 AM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Sun 4:30 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Sun 4:30 AM||1647 km||1023 miles||889 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 6:30 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Sun 6:30 AM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.