Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.72 meters/second, 1561.4 km/hour, 970.2 miles/hour or 843.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.17 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 05.5"||969.94 mi||west||0° 08' 58.5"||10.28 mi||south||969.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 04.9"||877.22 mi||east||3° 11' 47.3"||219.79 mi||south||897.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 5:40 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Sun 5:40 AM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||N|
|Arawa||Sun 4:40 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||NNW|
|Luganville||Sun 5:40 AM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sun 5:40 AM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sun 5:40 AM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:40 AM||1280 km||796 miles||691 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Sun 4:40 AM||1330 km||827 miles||718 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Sun 4:40 AM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 6:40 AM||1816 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.