Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.71 meters/second, 1561.4 km/hour, 970.2 miles/hour or 843.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.17 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 05.4"||970.00 mi||west||0° 08' 58.3"||10.28 mi||south||969.73 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 06.9"||877.31 mi||east||3° 11' 44.9"||219.76 mi||south||897.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 5:40 AM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Sun 5:40 AM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||N|
|Arawa||Sun 4:40 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Sun 5:40 AM||1208 km||751 miles||652 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:40 AM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Sun 5:40 AM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||SE|
|Cairns||Sun 4:40 AM||1302 km||809 miles||703 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Sun 4:40 AM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 6:40 AM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Sun 5:40 AM||2264 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.