Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.10 meters/second, 1559.2 kilometres/hour, 968.8 miles/hour or 841.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 57.7"||968.57 mi||West||0° 08' 49.7"||10.12 mi||South||968.30 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 16.6"||879.67 mi||East||3° 07' 38.6"||215.04 mi||South||899.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Katherine||Sun 6:04 AM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||E|
|Darwin||Sun 6:04 AM||236 km||147 miles||128 nm||NNE|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 6:04 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||SE|
|Baucau||Sun 5:34 AM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||NNW|
|Same||Sun 5:34 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||NW|
|Suai||Sun 5:34 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||NW|
|Dili||Sun 5:34 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||NW|
|Kupang||Sun 4:34 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 6:04 AM||1077 km||669 miles||582 nm||SSE|
|Kendari||Sun 4:34 AM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.