Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 8:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.05 meters/second, 1559.0 km/hour, 968.7 miles/hour or 841.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 57.0"||968.45 mi||West||0° 08' 48.9"||10.10 mi||South||968.18 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 33.4"||879.89 mi||East||3° 07' 16.6"||214.62 mi||South||899.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 6:14 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||NE|
|Suai||Sun 5:44 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||NNW|
|Same||Sun 5:44 AM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sun 4:44 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Sun 5:44 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 5:44 AM||715 km||445 miles||386 nm||NNW|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 6:14 AM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||SE|
|Ende||Sun 4:44 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 6:14 AM||1185 km||736 miles||640 nm||SSE|
|Kendari||Sun 4:44 AM||1316 km||818 miles||711 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.