Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 9:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 21:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.78 meters/second, 1558.0 kilometres/hour, 968.1 miles/hour or 841.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 53.5"||967.84 mi||West||0° 08' 44.8"||10.03 mi||South||967.57 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 57.2"||880.96 mi||East||3° 05' 25.4"||212.50 mi||South||899.74 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Sun 5:34 AM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||N|
|Mataram||Sun 5:34 AM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||N|
|Singaraja||Sun 5:34 AM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||N|
|Raba||Sun 5:34 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sun 4:34 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sun 4:34 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Sun 5:34 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||NE|
|Surakarta||Sun 4:34 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||NW|
|Kupang||Sun 5:34 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||ENE|
|Semarang||Sun 4:34 AM||1044 km||649 miles||564 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.