Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 2:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.31 meters/second, 1552.7 km/hour, 964.8 miles/hour or 838.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 34.4"||964.55 mi||West||0° 08' 22.5"||9.60 mi||South||964.27 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 32.3"||886.71 mi||East||2° 55' 00.6"||200.58 mi||South||902.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toamasina||Sun 5:06 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||SSW|
|Antsiranana||Sun 5:06 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||NNW|
|Mahajanga||Sun 5:06 AM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||W|
|Antananarivo||Sun 5:06 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SW|
|Antsirabe||Sun 5:06 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||SW|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 5:06 AM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||WNW|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 5:06 AM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||WNW|
|Fomboni||Sun 5:06 AM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||WNW|
|Saint-Denis||Sun 6:06 AM||815 km||507 miles||440 nm||SE|
|Moroni||Sun 5:06 AM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.