Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.27 meters/second, 1552.6 km/hour, 964.7 miles/hour or 838.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 33.8"||964.45 mi||West||0° 08' 21.8"||9.58 mi||South||964.18 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 45.5"||886.88 mi||East||2° 54' 41.6"||200.22 mi||South||902.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mahajanga||Sun 5:14 AM||231 km||143 miles||124 nm||W|
|Toamasina||Sun 5:14 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||SSE|
|Antsiranana||Sun 5:14 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NNE|
|Antananarivo||Sun 5:14 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||SSW|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 5:14 AM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||NW|
|Antsirabe||Sun 5:14 AM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||SSW|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 5:14 AM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||NW|
|Fomboni||Sun 5:14 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||WNW|
|Moroni||Sun 5:14 AM||692 km||430 miles||373 nm||NW|
|Saint-Denis||Sun 6:14 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.