Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.84 meters/second, 1551.0 km/hour, 963.8 miles/hour or 837.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 28.2"||963.49 mi||West||0° 08' 14.8"||9.45 mi||South||963.21 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 58.4"||888.54 mi||East||2° 51' 31.3"||196.58 mi||South||903.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lusaka||Sun 5:34 AM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||W|
|Kabwe||Sun 5:34 AM||144 km||89 miles||78 nm||NNW|
|Chinhoyi||Sun 5:34 AM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||SSE|
|Ndola||Sun 5:34 AM||290 km||181 miles||157 nm||N|
|Kitwe||Sun 5:34 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NNW|
|Harare||Sun 5:34 AM||323 km||201 miles||175 nm||SE|
|Chitungwiza||Sun 5:34 AM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||SE|
|Chipata||Sun 5:34 AM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||ENE|
|Gweru||Sun 5:34 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||S|
|Lubumbashi||Sun 5:34 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.