Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 3:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 03:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.78 meters/second, 1550.8 kilometres/hour, 963.6 miles/hour or 837.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 27.5"||963.37 mi||West||0° 08' 13.9"||9.44 mi||South||963.09 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 15.1"||888.75 mi||East||2° 51' 07.3"||196.12 mi||South||903.74 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lusaka||Sun 5:44 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||E|
|Kabwe||Sun 5:44 AM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||NE|
|Kitwe||Sun 5:44 AM||345 km||215 miles||186 nm||NNE|
|Ndola||Sun 5:44 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||NE|
|Mongu||Sun 5:44 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||W|
|Lubumbashi||Sun 5:44 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||N|
|Harare||Sun 5:44 AM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||ESE|
|Chitungwiza||Sun 5:44 AM||532 km||331 miles||287 nm||ESE|
|Gweru||Sun 5:44 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SE|
|Bulawayo||Sun 5:44 AM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.