Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 6:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.75 meters/second, 1547.1 km/hour, 961.3 miles/hour or 835.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 14.0"||961.06 mi||West||0° 07' 57.0"||9.11 mi||South||960.78 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 31.5"||892.70 mi||East||2° 43' 17.8"||187.16 mi||South||905.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 6:56 AM||1477 km||918 miles||798 nm||E|
|Recife||Sun 3:56 AM||1890 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 3:56 AM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 3:56 AM||2484 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 4:56 AM||2597 km||1614 miles||1402 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Sun 6:56 AM||2650 km||1646 miles||1431 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 6:56 AM||2797 km||1738 miles||1510 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Sun 6:56 AM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Sun 6:56 AM||2912 km||1810 miles||1573 nm||NE|
|São Paulo *||Sun 4:56 AM||2956 km||1836 miles||1596 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.