Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.55 meters/second, 1546.4 km/hour, 960.9 miles/hour or 835.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 11.3"||960.60 mi||West||0° 07' 53.4"||9.04 mi||South||960.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 33.5"||893.47 mi||East||2° 41' 42.9"||185.35 mi||South||906.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sun 4:34 AM||1112 km||691 miles||601 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Sun 4:34 AM||1113 km||691 miles||601 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:34 AM||1701 km||1057 miles||918 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:34 AM||1744 km||1083 miles||941 nm||NW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:34 AM||2053 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:34 AM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||W|
|Jamestown||Sun 7:34 AM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||E|
|Belém||Sun 4:34 AM||2710 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||NW|
|Monrovia||Sun 7:34 AM||3166 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||NE|
|Asuncion *||Sun 4:34 AM||3176 km||1973 miles||1715 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.