Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 7:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 07:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.43 meters/second, 1546.0 km/hour, 960.6 miles/hour or 834.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 09.8"||960.34 mi||West||0° 07' 51.4"||9.01 mi||South||960.06 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 09.4"||893.91 mi||East||2° 40' 47.9"||184.30 mi||South||906.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sun 4:56 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||NW|
|Recife||Sun 4:56 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||N|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:56 AM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:56 AM||1460 km||907 miles||789 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:56 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||W|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 5:56 AM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||SW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:56 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sun 4:56 AM||2273 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Sun 4:56 AM||2659 km||1652 miles||1436 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Sun 7:56 AM||3022 km||1878 miles||1632 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.