Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.23 meters/second, 1545.2 km/hour, 960.2 miles/hour or 834.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 07.1"||959.89 mi||West||0° 07' 48.0"||8.94 mi||South||959.61 mi|
|24 hours||13° 28' 11.3"||894.68 mi||East||2° 39' 11.9"||182.47 mi||South||906.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montes Claros *||Sun 6:34 AM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||SW|
|Belo Horizonte *||Sun 6:34 AM||398 km||248 miles||215 nm||SSW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 6:34 AM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||W|
|Vitória *||Sun 6:34 AM||540 km||335 miles||291 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Sun 5:34 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Goiânia *||Sun 6:34 AM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||W|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 6:34 AM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Sun 6:34 AM||892 km||554 miles||481 nm||SSW|
|Recife||Sun 5:34 AM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 5:34 AM||1467 km||911 miles||792 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.