Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 8:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.18 meters/second, 1545.0 km/hour, 960.0 miles/hour or 834.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 06.4"||959.77 mi||West||0° 07' 47.1"||8.92 mi||South||959.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 28' 27.6"||894.88 mi||East||2° 38' 46.7"||181.99 mi||South||906.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montes Claros *||Sun 6:44 AM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia *||Sun 6:44 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||W|
|Goiânia *||Sun 6:44 AM||400 km||248 miles||216 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte *||Sun 6:44 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||SSE|
|Pirassununga *||Sun 6:44 AM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||SSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 6:44 AM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSE|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 6:44 AM||805 km||500 miles||434 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Sun 6:44 AM||817 km||507 miles||441 nm||S|
|Salvador||Sun 5:44 AM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Sun 5:44 AM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.