Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 8:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 08:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.12 meters/second, 1544.8 km/hour, 959.9 miles/hour or 834.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 05.6"||959.62 mi||West||0° 07' 45.9"||8.90 mi||South||959.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 28' 46.9"||895.12 mi||East||2° 38' 16.2"||181.41 mi||South||907.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Anápolis *||Sun 6:56 AM||56 km||35 miles||31 nm||W|
|Brasilia *||Sun 6:56 AM||79 km||49 miles||43 nm||NE|
|Goiânia *||Sun 6:56 AM||99 km||62 miles||53 nm||WSW|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 5:56 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte *||Sun 6:56 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SE|
|Pirassununga *||Sun 6:56 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Sun 6:56 AM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 6:56 AM||923 km||573 miles||498 nm||SE|
|Salvador||Sun 5:56 AM||1132 km||703 miles||611 nm||ENE|
|Asuncion *||Sun 5:56 AM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.