Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.91 meters/second, 1540.5 km/hour, 957.2 miles/hour or 831.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 49.4"||956.91 mi||West||0° 07' 24.0"||8.48 mi||South||956.64 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 56.0"||899.65 mi||East||2° 28' 20.8"||170.04 mi||South||909.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:46 AM||1277 km||793 miles||689 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 6:46 AM||2347 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Sun 4:46 AM||2878 km||1789 miles||1554 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Sun 7:46 AM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 7:46 AM||3324 km||2066 miles||1795 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sun 6:46 AM||3666 km||2278 miles||1979 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 6:46 AM||3733 km||2320 miles||2016 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sun 6:46 AM||3736 km||2321 miles||2017 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 6:46 AM||3765 km||2339 miles||2033 nm||NNE|
|Santiago *||Sun 9:46 AM||3797 km||2359 miles||2050 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.