Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.85 meters/second, 1540.3 km/hour, 957.1 miles/hour or 831.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 48.7"||956.79 mi||West||0° 07' 23.1"||8.46 mi||South||956.52 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 11.7"||899.84 mi||East||2° 27' 54.4"||169.54 mi||South||909.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:56 AM||1185 km||736 miles||640 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 6:56 AM||2531 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Sun 4:56 AM||2642 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Sun 7:56 AM||3188 km||1981 miles||1721 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 7:56 AM||3549 km||2205 miles||1916 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sun 6:56 AM||3831 km||2380 miles||2068 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 6:56 AM||3856 km||2396 miles||2082 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 6:56 AM||3877 km||2409 miles||2093 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sun 6:56 AM||3881 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 6:56 AM||4002 km||2487 miles||2161 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.