Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 13:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.80 meters/second, 1540.1 km/hour, 957.0 miles/hour or 831.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 48.0"||956.68 mi||West||0° 07' 22.0"||8.44 mi||South||956.40 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 27.5"||900.04 mi||East||2° 27' 28.0"||169.03 mi||South||909.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:06 AM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:06 AM||2409 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:06 AM||2729 km||1696 miles||1474 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 8:06 AM||3444 km||2140 miles||1859 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 8:06 AM||3778 km||2348 miles||2040 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Sun 7:06 AM||3994 km||2482 miles||2156 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:06 AM||4004 km||2488 miles||2162 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Sun 7:06 AM||4006 km||2489 miles||2163 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 7:06 AM||4039 km||2510 miles||2181 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:06 AM||4140 km||2572 miles||2235 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.