Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.71 meters/second, 1539.8 km/hour, 956.8 miles/hour or 831.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 46.7"||956.47 mi||West||0° 07' 20.2"||8.41 mi||South||956.19 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 56.0"||900.38 mi||East||2° 26' 40.2"||168.12 mi||South||909.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:24 AM||1195 km||742 miles||645 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:24 AM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:24 AM||3109 km||1932 miles||1679 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:24 AM||3888 km||2416 miles||2099 nm||W|
|Lima||Sun 8:24 AM||3905 km||2426 miles||2108 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 8:24 AM||4201 km||2611 miles||2269 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:24 AM||4264 km||2649 miles||2302 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 7:24 AM||4271 km||2654 miles||2306 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:24 AM||4287 km||2664 miles||2315 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Sun 7:24 AM||4345 km||2700 miles||2346 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.