Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.66 meters/second, 1539.6 km/hour, 956.6 miles/hour or 831.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 46.0"||956.35 mi||West||0° 07' 19.2"||8.39 mi||South||956.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 11.8"||900.58 mi||East||2° 26' 13.8"||167.61 mi||South||910.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:34 AM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:34 AM||1779 km||1105 miles||960 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:34 AM||3331 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:34 AM||3632 km||2257 miles||1961 nm||W|
|Lima||Sun 8:34 AM||4161 km||2586 miles||2247 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:34 AM||4389 km||2727 miles||2370 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:34 AM||4424 km||2749 miles||2389 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 7:34 AM||4439 km||2759 miles||2397 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sun 8:34 AM||4441 km||2759 miles||2398 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Sun 7:34 AM||4534 km||2817 miles||2448 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.