Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.59 meters/second, 1539.3 km/hour, 956.5 miles/hour or 831.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.2"||956.21 mi||West||0° 07' 18.1"||8.37 mi||South||955.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 30.6"||900.81 mi||East||2° 25' 41.9"||167.00 mi||South||910.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:46 AM||1457 km||905 miles||787 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:46 AM||1527 km||949 miles||824 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 3:46 AM||3326 km||2067 miles||1796 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:46 AM||3605 km||2240 miles||1946 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:46 AM||4384 km||2724 miles||2367 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Sun 8:46 AM||4469 km||2777 miles||2413 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:46 AM||4529 km||2814 miles||2445 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:46 AM||4628 km||2876 miles||2499 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 7:46 AM||4654 km||2892 miles||2513 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sun 8:46 AM||4732 km||2940 miles||2555 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.