Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.54 meters/second, 1539.2 km/hour, 956.4 miles/hour or 831.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 44.5"||956.10 mi||West||0° 07' 17.1"||8.35 mi||South||955.82 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 46.5"||901.00 mi||East||2° 25' 15.1"||166.50 mi||South||910.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 5:56 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:56 AM||1623 km||1009 miles||877 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:56 AM||3071 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:56 AM||3837 km||2384 miles||2072 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:56 AM||4133 km||2568 miles||2232 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:56 AM||4530 km||2815 miles||2446 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:56 AM||4658 km||2895 miles||2515 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sun 8:56 AM||4726 km||2936 miles||2552 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:56 AM||4808 km||2988 miles||2596 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 7:56 AM||4841 km||3008 miles||2614 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.