Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 2:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.49 meters/second, 1539.0 km/hour, 956.3 miles/hour or 831.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 43.7"||955.98 mi||West||0° 07' 16.2"||8.33 mi||South||955.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 02.2"||901.19 mi||East||2° 24' 48.4"||165.99 mi||South||910.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 6:06 AM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:06 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:06 AM||2815 km||1749 miles||1520 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:06 AM||3883 km||2413 miles||2097 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 8:06 AM||4074 km||2531 miles||2200 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:06 AM||4297 km||2670 miles||2320 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Sun 8:06 AM||4799 km||2982 miles||2591 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Sun 3:06 AM||4952 km||3077 miles||2674 nm||W|
|Lima||Sun 9:06 AM||4982 km||3096 miles||2690 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Sun 8:06 AM||4996 km||3104 miles||2697 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.