Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.35 meters/second, 1538.4 km/hour, 955.9 miles/hour or 830.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 41.9"||955.65 mi||West||0° 07' 13.4"||8.28 mi||South||955.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 46.0"||901.72 mi||East||2° 23' 33.5"||164.55 mi||South||910.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 5:34 AM||867 km||538 miles||468 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:34 AM||896 km||556 miles||484 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 4:34 AM||2099 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:34 AM||2388 km||1484 miles||1289 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:34 AM||3182 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:34 AM||3671 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:34 AM||4243 km||2637 miles||2291 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:34 AM||4508 km||2801 miles||2434 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:34 AM||4783 km||2972 miles||2582 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:34 AM||5225 km||3247 miles||2821 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.