Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.34 meters/second, 1538.4 km/hour, 955.9 miles/hour or 830.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.93 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||south||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 41.8"||955.64 mi||west||0° 07' 13.3"||8.28 mi||south||955.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 47.7"||901.75 mi||east||2° 23' 30.6"||164.50 mi||south||910.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 5:34 AM||849 km||528 miles||459 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:34 AM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 4:34 AM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:34 AM||2412 km||1499 miles||1302 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:34 AM||3154 km||1960 miles||1703 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:34 AM||3646 km||2266 miles||1969 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:34 AM||4215 km||2619 miles||2276 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:34 AM||4480 km||2783 miles||2419 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:34 AM||4755 km||2955 miles||2567 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:34 AM||5208 km||3236 miles||2812 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.