Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.29 meters/second, 1538.3 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 41.2"||955.54 mi||West||0° 07' 12.3"||8.26 mi||South||955.27 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 01.7"||901.92 mi||East||2° 23' 06.7"||164.04 mi||South||910.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 5:44 AM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:44 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:44 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:44 AM||2608 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:44 AM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:44 AM||3458 km||2148 miles||1867 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:44 AM||3990 km||2479 miles||2154 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:44 AM||4252 km||2642 miles||2296 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:44 AM||4301 km||2672 miles||2322 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:44 AM||4532 km||2816 miles||2447 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.