Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.28 meters/second, 1538.2 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 40.9"||955.52 mi||West||0° 07' 12.1"||8.26 mi||South||955.25 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 04.7"||901.95 mi||East||2° 23' 01.3"||163.94 mi||South||910.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 5:46 AM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:46 AM||933 km||579 miles||504 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:46 AM||1792 km||1114 miles||968 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:46 AM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:46 AM||2882 km||1791 miles||1556 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:46 AM||3416 km||2123 miles||1844 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:46 AM||3939 km||2448 miles||2127 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:46 AM||4201 km||2610 miles||2268 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:46 AM||4250 km||2641 miles||2295 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:46 AM||4482 km||2785 miles||2420 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.