Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.23 meters/second, 1538.0 km/hour, 955.7 miles/hour or 830.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.93 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||south||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 40.1"||955.39 mi||west||0° 07' 11.0"||8.23 mi||south||955.12 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 22.1"||902.16 mi||east||2° 22' 31.3"||163.37 mi||south||910.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 5:56 AM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Sun 5:26 AM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:56 AM||1045 km||650 miles||565 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:56 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:56 AM||2605 km||1619 miles||1407 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:56 AM||2903 km||1804 miles||1567 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:56 AM||3190 km||1982 miles||1722 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:56 AM||3657 km||2272 miles||1975 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:56 AM||3916 km||2433 miles||2114 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:56 AM||3970 km||2467 miles||2144 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.