Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 3:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 15:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.18 meters/second, 1537.9 km/hour, 955.6 miles/hour or 830.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 39.5"||955.29 mi||West||0° 07' 10.1"||8.22 mi||South||955.02 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 35.9"||902.33 mi||East||2° 22' 07.4"||162.91 mi||South||911.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 6:06 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Sun 5:36 AM||916 km||569 miles||494 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:06 AM||1176 km||731 miles||635 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 5:06 AM||1281 km||796 miles||691 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:06 AM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:06 AM||3018 km||1875 miles||1629 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:06 AM||3106 km||1930 miles||1677 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 4:06 AM||3432 km||2133 miles||1853 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 5:06 AM||3688 km||2292 miles||1991 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:06 AM||3742 km||2325 miles||2021 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.