Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.08 meters/second, 1537.5 km/hour, 955.4 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||south||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.2"||955.07 mi||west||0° 07' 08.2"||8.18 mi||south||954.80 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 05.6"||902.69 mi||east||2° 21' 15.9"||161.93 mi||south||911.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:24 AM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Sun 5:54 AM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||NNE|
|Gambier Islands||Sun 6:24 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:24 AM||1529 km||950 miles||826 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:24 AM||1911 km||1187 miles||1032 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:24 AM||2680 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:24 AM||2947 km||1831 miles||1591 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 5:24 AM||3198 km||1987 miles||1727 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:24 AM||3264 km||2028 miles||1762 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:24 AM||3502 km||2176 miles||1891 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.