Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 3:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 427.09 meters/second, 1537.5 kilometres/hour, 955.4 miles/hour or 830.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.4"||955.08 mi||West||0° 07' 08.3"||8.18 mi||South||954.81 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 04.0"||902.67 mi||East||2° 21' 18.8"||161.98 mi||South||911.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:24 AM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Sun 5:54 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NNE|
|Gambier Islands||Sun 6:24 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:24 AM||1507 km||936 miles||814 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:24 AM||1938 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:24 AM||2698 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:24 AM||2975 km||1849 miles||1607 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 5:24 AM||3227 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:24 AM||3288 km||2043 miles||1776 nm||WNW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:24 AM||3522 km||2189 miles||1902 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.