Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 427.04 meters/second, 1537.3 kilometres/hour, 955.3 miles/hour or 830.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 37.6"||954.96 mi||West||0° 07' 07.4"||8.16 mi||South||954.69 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 19.5"||902.86 mi||East||2° 20' 51.9"||161.47 mi||South||911.33 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:34 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sun 5:34 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:34 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:34 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:34 AM||2542 km||1579 miles||1372 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:34 AM||2722 km||1691 miles||1470 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 5:34 AM||2971 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:34 AM||3038 km||1888 miles||1641 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:34 AM||3280 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:34 AM||3756 km||2334 miles||2028 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.