Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.03 meters/second, 1537.3 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||south||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 37.5"||954.95 mi||west||0° 07' 07.3"||8.16 mi||south||954.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 21.1"||902.88 mi||east||2° 20' 48.8"||161.41 mi||south||911.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:34 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:34 AM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:34 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:34 AM||2525 km||1569 miles||1364 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:34 AM||2693 km||1673 miles||1454 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 5:34 AM||2942 km||1828 miles||1589 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:34 AM||3014 km||1873 miles||1627 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:34 AM||3252 km||2021 miles||1756 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:34 AM||3782 km||2350 miles||2042 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 3:34 AM||3926 km||2439 miles||2120 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.