Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 16:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.73 meters/second, 1536.2 kilometres/hour, 954.6 miles/hour or 829.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 33.4"||954.28 mi||West||0° 07' 01.2"||8.05 mi||South||954.01 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 52.1"||903.99 mi||East||2° 18' 08.7"||158.35 mi||South||911.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:34 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sun 6:34 AM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||E|
|Papeete||Sun 6:34 AM||973 km||604 miles||525 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sun 5:34 AM||1203 km||748 miles||650 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 6:34 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:34 AM||1607 km||999 miles||868 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 5:34 AM||1786 km||1110 miles||965 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:34 AM||2117 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||N|
|Suva||Mon 4:34 AM||2426 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 4:34 AM||2581 km||1604 miles||1393 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.