Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 19:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 19:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.87 meters/second, 1533.1 km/hour, 952.6 miles/hour or 827.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||south||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 21.7"||952.41 mi||west||0° 06' 43.6"||7.71 mi||south||952.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 45' 12.1"||907.19 mi||east||2° 10' 15.3"||149.32 mi||south||913.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Mon 6:24 AM||788 km||490 miles||425 nm||ENE|
|Noumea||Mon 6:24 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Mon 6:24 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||E|
|Honiara||Mon 6:24 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Mon 5:24 AM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Mon 5:24 AM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:24 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Mon 7:24 AM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Mon 6:24 AM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 7:24 AM||2025 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.