Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 7:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 19:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.77 meters/second, 1532.8 km/hour, 952.4 miles/hour or 827.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.3"||952.12 mi||West||0° 06' 41.4"||7.67 mi||South||951.85 mi|
|24 hours||13° 45' 43.3"||907.50 mi||East||2° 09' 16.7"||148.19 mi||South||913.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Mon 5:46 AM||992 km||616 miles||535 nm||W|
|Honiara||Mon 6:46 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||NNE|
|Brisbane||Mon 5:46 AM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:46 AM||1240 km||771 miles||670 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Mon 6:46 AM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Mon 6:46 AM||1405 km||873 miles||758 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Mon 6:46 AM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||SSW|
|Canberra *||Mon 6:46 AM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Mon 4:46 AM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Mon 7:46 AM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.