Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 20:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.67 meters/second, 1532.4 km/hour, 952.2 miles/hour or 827.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||south||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 18.9"||951.89 mi||west||0° 06' 39.3"||7.63 mi||south||951.63 mi|
|24 hours||13° 46' 13.1"||907.86 mi||east||2° 08' 20.4"||147.12 mi||south||914.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Mon 6:06 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Mon 6:06 AM||964 km||599 miles||520 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Mon 6:06 AM||1126 km||700 miles||608 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Mon 7:06 AM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Mon 7:06 AM||1801 km||1119 miles||973 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Mon 5:36 AM||1834 km||1140 miles||990 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Mon 7:06 AM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||E|
|Canberra *||Mon 7:06 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Mon 5:06 AM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Mon 5:36 AM||2164 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.