Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 8:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 20:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.43 meters/second, 1531.6 km/hour, 951.7 miles/hour or 827.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 15.6"||951.36 mi||West||0° 06' 34.2"||7.53 mi||South||951.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 24.2"||908.71 mi||East||2° 06' 04.9"||144.53 mi||South||914.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Mon 6:24 AM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Mon 6:54 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Mon 6:24 AM||833 km||517 miles||450 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Mon 6:24 AM||1026 km||638 miles||554 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 6:54 AM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Mon 5:54 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||N|
|Dili||Mon 5:54 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Mon 6:54 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||SE|
|Eucla||Mon 5:39 AM||1836 km||1141 miles||991 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Mon 7:24 AM||1908 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.