Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 8:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 20:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.42 meters/second, 1531.5 km/hour, 951.6 miles/hour or 827.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 15.5"||951.34 mi||West||0° 06' 34.0"||7.53 mi||South||951.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 27.1"||908.74 mi||East||2° 05' 59.3"||144.42 mi||South||914.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Mon 6:26 AM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||WSW|
|Alice Springs||Mon 6:26 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Mon 6:56 AM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||E|
|Darwin||Mon 6:26 AM||984 km||612 miles||531 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 6:56 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Mon 5:56 AM||1701 km||1057 miles||918 nm||N|
|Dili||Mon 5:56 AM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Mon 5:41 AM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||SSW|
|Brisbane||Mon 6:56 AM||1863 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||SE|
|Adelaide *||Mon 7:26 AM||1908 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.