Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 9:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 21:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.24 meters/second, 1530.9 km/hour, 951.2 miles/hour or 826.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 12.9"||950.93 mi||West||0° 06' 29.9"||7.45 mi||South||950.67 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 23.0"||909.41 mi||East||2° 04' 11.2"||142.36 mi||South||915.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Mon 5:34 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||WSW|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 7:04 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Mon 7:04 AM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Mon 7:04 AM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||SE|
|Dili||Mon 6:34 AM||1090 km||677 miles||588 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Mon 6:19 AM||1538 km||956 miles||831 nm||S|
|Makassar||Mon 5:34 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Mon 7:34 AM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||E|
|Denpasar||Mon 5:34 AM||1810 km||1124 miles||977 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Mon 6:34 AM||1949 km||1211 miles||1053 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.