Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 10:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 22:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.95 meters/second, 1529.8 km/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 08.8"||950.27 mi||West||0° 06' 23.4"||7.33 mi||South||950.02 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 50.2"||910.46 mi||East||2° 01' 19.4"||139.08 mi||South||915.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Mon 6:34 AM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||N|
|Malang||Mon 5:34 AM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Mon 5:34 AM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Mon 5:34 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||NNW|
|Semarang||Mon 5:34 AM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Mon 5:34 AM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Mon 6:34 AM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Mon 5:34 AM||1554 km||966 miles||839 nm||NW|
|Perth||Mon 6:34 AM||1562 km||971 miles||843 nm||S|
|Dili||Mon 7:34 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.