Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.71 meters/second, 1525.4 km/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 51.3"||947.51 mi||West||0° 05' 54.5"||6.77 mi||South||947.26 mi|
|24 hours||13° 55' 58.8"||914.83 mi||East||1° 48' 33.9"||124.46 mi||South||918.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toamasina||Mon 5:56 AM||236 km||146 miles||127 nm||W|
|Antananarivo||Mon 5:56 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||W|
|Saint-Denis||Mon 6:56 AM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||SE|
|Antsirabe||Mon 5:56 AM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||WSW|
|Fianarantsoa||Mon 5:56 AM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||SW|
|Mahajanga||Mon 5:56 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||WNW|
|Port Louis||Mon 6:56 AM||649 km||404 miles||351 nm||ESE|
|Mamoutzou||Mon 5:56 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||NW|
|Toliara||Mon 5:56 AM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||SW|
|Moroni||Mon 5:56 AM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.