Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.74 meters/second, 1521.9 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 37.4"||945.33 mi||West||0° 05' 29.5"||6.30 mi||South||945.09 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 48.1"||918.24 mi||East||1° 37' 38.4"||111.94 mi||South||920.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Mon 6:34 AM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||WNW|
|Luanda||Mon 7:34 AM||1868 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||NE|
|Windhoek *||Mon 8:34 AM||1911 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||ESE|
|São Tomé||Mon 6:34 AM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Mon 7:34 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 7:34 AM||2369 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Mon 7:34 AM||2391 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||NNE|
|Cape Town||Mon 8:34 AM||2547 km||1583 miles||1375 nm||SE|
|Abidjan||Mon 6:34 AM||2680 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||N|
|Accra||Mon 6:34 AM||2682 km||1667 miles||1448 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.