Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 4, 2013 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.27 meters/second, 1520.2 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 30.4"||944.27 mi||West||0° 05' 16.6"||6.05 mi||South||944.04 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 07.6"||919.86 mi||East||1° 32' 01.7"||105.50 mi||South||921.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Mon 5:24 AM||1366 km||849 miles||738 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Mon 5:24 AM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 6:24 AM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 5:24 AM||2075 km||1289 miles||1120 nm||NW|
|São Paulo *||Mon 6:24 AM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 6:24 AM||2218 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||W|
|Jamestown||Mon 8:24 AM||2310 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||E|
|Belém||Mon 5:24 AM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Mon 5:24 AM||3208 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Mon 8:24 AM||3319 km||2062 miles||1792 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.